The Colorado State Children's Home housed orphaned children, from infancy to age 18, during the years 1896 to 1971. The orphanage was located in Denver at South Logan Street and East Iliff Avenue on a 54 acre tract of land that was owned by the State Government. Throughout its 75 years of operation, 17,000 boys and girls came to call this institution home.
In 1999, an alumni association was created and named Historic Colorado State Children's Home, Inc. This group, consisting of an 8 member board, represents the many who lived or grew up at this orphanage. As of December 2000, this association received a 501(C)(3) non-profit status.
A few of the original buildings remain standing on the grounds of what is now known as Harvard Gulch Park. A long term alumni association goal is to convert one of the existing original buildings into a museum that will tell the stories of the orphanage era and, specifically, The Colorado State Children's Home.